Municipal Liaisons (MLs) are local volunteers who help organize Script Frenzy groups in their hometowns. They set up meet-ups, write-ins, kick-off and wrap parties, and other events during April. If you've attended an ML-run event then you know how awesome our MLs are!
If your region doesn't have an ML, or if you'd like to start a new region, mabye you'd like to become a Municipal Liaison. We'd love to have you.
Being an ML can be serious work, but it's also a lot of fun. What could be more rewarding than the undying love, devotion, and gratitude of your fellow writers? (Besides finishing a script in 30 days, of course.) If you'd like to become an ML for your area, read on... Here’s who we're looking for:
- Over 18 years old. We know our younger crew is full of boundless energy and great ideas; we just don’t want to be the reason you don’t get into college.
- Familiar with the event. MLs should have participated in Script Frenzy at least once, or ML'd for NaNoWriMo, before taking on the added responsibilities of organizing a local chapter.
- Warm, can-do personality. We need MLs to have heaps of people skills. It requires a certain dexterity to convince those notoriously shy writer types to come out to public write-ins and events, and it takes someone who is already comfortable in group situations to help keep everyone encouraged and motivated on their way to their 100 pages.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Commit to the whole 30 days. If you sign up, we need you to show up. And not just for the kick-off party. We need people who aren’t going to fade into the background as soon as the word count gets tough. Your fellow writers are depending on you.
- Coordinate meetings and events. Kick-offs, wrap parties, weekly write-ins.
- Answer every question you get about local activities. You'll get messages from local folks wanting to know about the next write-in, and members of the press wanting to set up an interview. We need you to write back to everyone. If you get any questions you can't answer, the Community Liaison Sarah Mackey is here to help.
- Participate in your regional forum. Regions have special local forums where folks from your area will gather for chats and encouragement. MLs can post events, annnouncements, and answer questions while making sure everyone is playing nice.
- Reach 100 pages. It’s much easier to be a role model to your troops when you're giving it your all as well.
- Whatever else floats your boat. Hound local press for coverage, work with local schools taking part through our Young Writers Program, etc.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- A fantastic experience helping those in your area reach their creative potential. Script Frenzy is designed as a month-long creative epiphany packed with discoveries, disasters, and breakthroughs. The energy is amazing, and the friendships formed in local chapters last a long, long time.
- Terrifying pressure to help you get your own script completed. You can't drop out in Week Two when 20 other people are looking to you for inspiration.
- A few tokens of our esteem. Advance notice of HQ goings-on, and our undying love.
Interested? Great! Please fill out the ML application form.
We must receive your form by March 9 to guarantee that your application will be considered. Applications received after March 9 will be considered only for regions without Municipal Liaisons. Thank you so much for your interest and enthusiasm for Script Frenzy!
Questions? Email Community Liaison Sarah Mackey!